AUCKLAND SHORE EXCURSION TOURS
Are you feeling rather overwhelmed by the number of Shore Excursion Tours on offer in Auckland?
Are you trying to find "the" tour to provide precious experiences and memories for your ONLY day in Auckland New Zealand?
Are you looking for something that's distinctly
The "difference" on our tour will prove to be your answer to finding the most unique tour in Auckland for your shore excursion !
So confident are we in making that statement that we challenge you to find another Auckland tour that gives you everything that you will get on our Auckland tour...
It's exactly WHY
(- even after 14years -)
this tour has remained
... but "WHY?" [-you ask-] should I book this tour?
yet-alone, continue reading this website? - especially when there are dozens of other Auckland Shore Excursion tours all scrambling to be "the one" that starts fueling your enthusiasm?
HERE'S WHY OTHER FOLK BOOKED THEIR AUCKLAND SHORE EXCURSION WITH US,
and WHY these other folk keep repeating;
"This excursion was so different"
... NO long journeys
incredibly no more than 40 minutes from your ship! (so WHY spend your precious time sitting in a bus? - you want to see and experience as much as possible during your time in Auckland...don't you?)
... 5 stops
- Craftmarket (NZ made products)...why buy fake?
- Wine-tasting (award-winning winery)...why book a separate wine-tasting tour?
- Lunch (your choice with wine/beer!)...why have the time and worry of finding something to eat?
- Muriwai Beach (black sands & gannet colony)...why NOT see this with the tour company who LIVES there?
- and the *private* destination to our sheep farm ... why NOT experience something totally unique?
... NO hiking
- (or swimming, or waiting around for others!)
... SMALL groups
- (our minivan carries 10 persons)
... DIRECT pick-up
- (ALL inner city Hotels & Cruise Ship ports)
... FLEXIBLE start/finish time
- (adjusted for Cruise Ship sail-times)
... PERSONAL service
- (as we bring you to where we LIVE)
- (this tour is not geared for young children!)
... and ... we're 100% LEGAL
- (insurances, registrations, & even Food Handling!) >Please be aware: there ARE those who are NOT<
"Don't miss this!"
“Tremendous Tour - Get away from Auckland to see the countryside”
"Best tour of entire (16 day) trip"
...you'll go somewhere PRIVATE
...you'll go somewhere QUIET
...you'll go somewhere UNIQUE
because you'll go where
NO other tour goes
This tour is renowned as Auckland's best "value-for-money" Shore Excursion tour
Unfortunately, the "value-for-money" part of an item is often overlooked if the price is viewed without any in-depth knowledge of the product.
You may like to ask yourself; "What value" do I place on...
- Knowing who will be hosting me right from the moment my email inquiry is answered? [well, hopefully answered!]. On this tour, it is US [the owner/operators] who you will be with, as we don't have staff or guides nor pass you onto any one else. >(Ever hoped you weren't going to have "that" guide after reading reviews about a tour?)
- Having my lunch [with beverage] included in the price? On this tour, we take you to an upmarket cafe/restaurant and you choose your own meal. The menu is rated superb by most, that's why it is regarded as one of your "experiences" during your tour. >(Ever booked a tour with no lunch provided and been worried what-how-and-when you were going to get your lunch?)
- Traveling in a small group? On this tour, it is very personalised with our minivan taking just 10 persons. >(Ever felt like a mob of sheep on large coach tours?)
- Going somewhere private and real? On this tour, we bring you to our own "real" farm and this is NOT open to any others. >(Ever wanted to experience reality over purpose-built ... and private over public?)
- Having lots of experiences all on the one tour? On this tour we stop 5 times and your are guaranteed to have [at least] 9 New Zealand "experiences". >(Ever had to take more than one tour of the same region just so you could have some experiences?)
- Being just a short distance from your ship? On this tour you are never anymore than 40 minutes from your ship. More, your precious time is not taken up in travel. >(Ever had a tour drive most of the day for you to see one or two things ... OR have you ever needed to return to your ship/hotel in an emergency?)
"(( As travelers in overseas countries ourselves, these are just some of the questions we like to bear in mind when booking our tours! ))"
ONLY OUR TOUR
includes the visit to our own historic SHEEP FARM
In fact, you get to visit the only sheep farm within 40 minutes of Auckland city that's available to go to on a day tour.
But don't just take our word for it...
check-out our *genuine* (>>not bought<<)
5-star Tripadvisor reviews
Certificate of Excellence Award
- 2011 & 2012 & 2014 & 2015 -
But, be quick -
because this one
Auckland tour gets
booked. out. early.
You'll also get a first-hand account of the Muriwai Beach region because our family (-as its early pioneers-) has lived here since >> 1922 <<
and where other tours drive through what they "think" has always been rolling farmland, you will learn, (see and touch), artifacts of the true history of this Auckland region.
... BUT p-l-e-a-s-e banish any preconceived ideas ...
because although the visit to our farm is regarded by most as
"the highlight of the day",
this tour includes more than - just - our farm!
as en-route to our farm you also enjoy:
> Muriwai Beach,
> Gannet colony,
> our historic sheep farm,
> carbon offset, plus
> lunch (with a wine/beer), and
> afternoon tea.
...and it's ALL on the ONE tour !
and ALL just 40 minutes from your boat !
and getting ALL these things makes a "value-for-money" tour !
Our tour tends to attract the type of person that wants different and unique experiences, gained in an intimate and personal way.
If you are after a bus tour to just "fill-in" some of your time then our tour is probably going to be too much experience for you!
Been reading the statements made by other Auckland tours...?
Here's how WE validate ours...
- You get lots of experiences in your limited time -because our tours do not involve a lot of traveling.
- You get personally hosted -because we are the owner/operators and we don't pass you onto a 3rd party.
- You get an authentic tour -because we are New Zealand-born and Maori (husband & wife team).
- You get a specialised Shore Excursion company -because we have had 14 years' experience.
- You get a legally-operated tour -because we hold all licenses (as well as being Food Handling Certified).
- You get a flexible tour -because we fit in with your Cruise Boat schedule (and we pick-up directly from your ship).
- You get a senior-friendly itinerary -because there is no hiking or swimming on our tours (or waiting while others do).
- You get a sustainable tour -because we plant trees in our farm's own registered carbon reserves (one for every tour done).
- You get a local's view of the Muriwai region -because we are the company that has been -living- here... (since 1922).
- You get the security of being close to your boat -because at no time are you more than 40mins from Auckland.
- You get value-for-money -because everything is included in the price as well as a wine/beer with your upmarket lunch! (....and NO, you do not eat your lunch sitting in your bus seat !! nor have your afternoon tea parked on the side of the road !! )
Individual tour companies set their own prices, NOT a tourism board
Most Auckland tours do NOT include lunch, (or afternoon tea), which at your first glance of the price, makes other tours appear cheaper.
We can see your dance starting...
feel your dilemma setting in!
...and it's about "which tour do I choose?",
and this is usually based on PRICE...isn't it !?!
.............But, STOP just a minute.............
and think about it from this angle:
Try viewing the money you'll pay for your tour as the "RISK" that you'll take from booking the WRONG one!
Booking the wrong tour will have a high risk factor, especially if you are looking for the best "experiences" to be had with your limited time.
...OR, do you like the things you are reading with our tour and book it, trusting that our product will deliver you the best all-round deal ?
...What will the risk of NOT booking our tour mean to you ?
FACT: 99% of Auckland tours visit Publicly accessible places ... OUR tour is that 1% exception because WE take you somewhere PRIVATE
Savour an Extraordinary tour - Exult in a Distinctive tour >> choose * DIFFERENT * <<
our reviews are the voice that says "you won't be disappointed"
Due to our uniqueness, our tours -are- limited!
NO, you don't have to be off a Cruise Boat to book our trips, but "You will have lasting memories from taking the most special tour that's available in Auckland"
...Well, that's the comment from people who have taken our tours!
Don’t just take our word for it though...
.....see the highly rated reviews on Tripadvisor where our tours have also achieved Tripadvisor's Certificate of Excellence Awards.
Tripadvisor's Highly rated
Auckland Sightseeing Tour
We are not open to the Public (...nor to any other tour! )
....Of course, we never proclaim that our tours will suit everyone !
But should you yearn to see the New Zealand countryside (- and a sheep farm -), then our farm is the only "REAL" sheep farm within 40 minutes of Auckland that is available to visit on a tour. We are not a purpose built tourist "attraction" doing "sheep shows", ...nor are we a "kids entertainment theme park". This is our home, it's where we live.
...And Muriwai is where our family has lived and farmed since 1922
Many other Auckland tours may visit Muriwai (where you'll need to choose it as an "option") - but we include Muriwai Beach on every tour we do because only WE are the tour that actually LIVES here!
the HISTORY of our land dates back to the 1880's... when this man (Sir Edwin Mitchelson, once a Mayor of Auckland city!) owned the thousands of acres around the Muriwai region. This land was milled for its Native timber, and our Homestead was originally his worker's cottage.
Thanks for dropping by our specialised website. We DO encourage you to compare our tours to what other Auckland tours are offering …especially if you are wanting something different, value-for-money, and without your precious "experience time" being wasted in travel.
Unlike the big tour companies, we are an owner/operated, husband and wife team (only!), ...and we host you your entire time, ...(not passing you on to other contractors, or leaving you alone with no guiding).
We are both New Zealander's and Donna is of Ngai Tahu Maori descent, (quite a rare find in New Zealand tourism these days!) so you'll experience an overview of Maori culture too.
And, you'll not need to "prise us open" to get information out of us either... as we give full commentaries (and answer questions too!)
These are all-inclusive tours: (there are NO hidden or extra costs). There's a 15% discount voucher for when we visit the CraftMarket.
but there is NO "pressure-selling" ...at any of our stops!
All tours include lunch which is your choice of one main from the upmarket cafe/restaurant menu (valued at $35). And, this also includes a glass of wine/beer or fruit-juice/soda or tea/coffee. (Special dietary needs catered for to the best of everyone's ability).
Compare this with other tours where you have to buy your own lunch, or have food served to you by the bus-driver on the roadside, or eat in the bus you are traveling in! Should other tours include lunch, will you have to buy your own wine/beer?
All tours include Afternoon Tea at our historic sheep farm.
(Do note: Donna is Food Handling Certified)
Compare this with other tours who carry food which has been prepared at home, or serve food from the back of the bus where you eat either in your bus seat or stopped on the side of the road!
Unlike other tours, we conduct our tours solely in our home region because we wish to remain sustainable and return profits back to our own community. You'll have awesome activities to fill-in a day's touring here, (without long travel times!) And, since this is the place we know best ...best, is what we do pass on to you!
Compare this with other tours where most of your experience time is spent sitting in the bus!
Motutara Farm Forestry Sink Covenant: 9653972.1
[To date] our company is the only Auckland tour that has their own Government Registered Carbon Credit sink-tank Reserves on their own farm. We have chosen to plant a tree for every tour that we do, with our guests becoming joint-custodians of this tree-of-the-day. Certificates are issued, with the tree tagged and tracked with GPS.
TIP: If you are especially Eco-focused, do be sure to put the question of carbon offset and local operation to other tour companies - (...and see what they are "doing" with their Environmental Policies). Do be aware, that the pay-to-belong-to schemes [e.g. Qualmark Enviro] that some tour companies belong to, are usually just to "uphold" their awards.
We hope you will consider allowing us to host you...to provide you with Auckland's most unique tour.
...we look forward to meeting you soon - Stu & Donna.
Learn more about your tour hosts HERE....
>> Our promise <<
Please note: Our bookings are filling -f-a-s-t- especially for our Private tours. Consequently, there are disappointed folk unable to join us on certain days.
Avoid being one of them...you need to book and secure your seats EARLY !!!